HK SL8/G36 Conversion Services and Parts For Sale
The SL8 to G36 conversion is getting more and more popular with HK owners and enthusiasts. The stock SL8 is not as versatile and not nearly as ergonomic. What you gain by doing the G36 conversion is not only looks and authenticity, but also a better feeling and better handling gun. The feel of the grip itself is much better and the folding stock option is a big improvement over the fixed, thumb hole SL8 stock. The factory SL8 stock is ok for bench shooting but we have noticed that it tends to irritate your hand after a bit of use… If you are in a state that does not allow the folding stock, it is still worth it just for the better feel of the G36 grip housing. These changes greatly improve the shoot-ability, ergonomics and feel of the SL8.
The conversion allows you to use 30 round, double stacked magazines as well. This is an improvement over the factory 10 round or aftermarket 20 round, SL8 single stacked magazines.
The ultimate civilian legal G36 or G36c clone can be built if you are in a state that allows you to register your gun as an SBR or Short Barrel Rifle.
In any case, we can set you up with a G36, G36k, G36e or G36c clone that suites your needs and budget! See below for pictures, prices and info.
HK G36 parts and G36 parts kit sources:
The ATF requires all NFA and rifle G36 conversions to include no more than 10 “qualifying” foreign parts. Qualifying US made “compliance parts” can be used to keep the parts count under 10.
SL8 to G36 Conversion Parts
Some of the parts we have available for G36c and SL8 to G36 conversions, at the best prices around:
We may have other parts or accessories available as well so feel free to contact us for availability and prices!
Base SL8 to G36 or G36c Conversion Service
This is the basic, SL8 to G36, stock block type conversion service that we provide: $299
This service includes:
- Milling the magazine well of the SL8 to accept the larger G36 magazine
- Fill in the mag well side plate on the receiver, after machining
- Dying of the gray SL8 to the dark black HK color
- Fitting G36 grip frame to receiver
- Dis-assembly and reassembly
- Folding stock hook/catch
- Refinish receiver
Ultimate, Welded G36 Hinge to SL8 receiver, Service
This is the ultimate SL8 to G36 conversion service: $799
We weld/fuse a real G36 hinge to the back of the Sl8 receiver. This service includes welding the G36 rear section to the SL8 receiver and adding the stock catch to the side of the gun so that the stock doesn’t flop around when folded in. We also weld and fill in the magazine well side plate and maching the mag well to fit the larger magazines.
This “fuse job” conversion offers the most realistic, true to the real thing, conversion a civilian can own! The plastic welding “fusion” procedure requires lots of time and patients as well as plastic welding experience and jigs.
Additional SL8/G36 Services
Additional options include:
- Folding stock hook/catch addition to SL8 receiver ( included free in ultimate, weld on type conversions ): $79
- Bolt head welding and machining ( sl8 to G36 bolt head ): $79
- SL8 barrel cut, thread and re port to G36c specs: $299
- Fake silencer/barrel extension to bring your short barrel to 16″ for standard rifle transfer: $169
- Custom camo paint job: $299-$499 CLICK HERE For Custom Finishes Page
- Remark selector leaver to line up with full-auto markings: $35
- Laser engraving and remarking the SL8 receiver with G36 markings ( requires a receiver refinish ): $35
- NFA/SBR engraving: $35
- Ask about other customizing services and parts CLICK HERE